Self-Signed Certificate Generation¶
By Lex Li
This page shows you how to use Jexus Manager to generate self-signed certificates.
In this article:
Before setting HTTPS bindings, it is very important to configure server certificates ahead.
Self-signed certificates are usually used during testing.
In Jexus Manager, the self-signed certificate wizard can be opened as below,
- Choose a server node in the Connections panel.
- In the middle panel, click Server Certificates icon to open the management page.
- Under Actions panel, click “Generate Self-Signed Certificate...” menu item.
Fill in the necessary information in this wizard page, and then click OK. Jexus Manager will generate a new certificate and install it to the desired store.
Once a self-signed certificate is generated, it would be sometimes useful to add it to Trusted Certificate Authorities so that browser side errors are suppressed. Jexus Manager makes it easy to do so,
- Choose the self-signed certificate from the list.
- Under Actions panel, click “Trust Self-Signed Certificate”.
- Accept the certificate in the following system dialog.